WHAT IS 3D PRINTING
3D printers are not unlike your desktop inkjet printer. A software programme ‘tells’ the printer about the dimensions of the end product. The printer then injects material on a platform according to that plan. 3D printers often use liquid metals, plastics, recyclable items, cement and a variety of other materials which then cool or dry to form a structure.
Benefits of 3D Printing:
● Zero waste construction
● Time and cost reduction - 3X than traditional building
● Supports unusual designs
● Stronger, long-lasting building material
A 3D printer can print the following:
● Interior furniture
The rest would be completed with General Contractors (HVAC, Plumbing, Electricity, Windows, ete)
WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO
The opportunity for tech-enabled companies to compete in this space is driven not only by the sheer size of the market, but also by the limited amount of innovation to-date and expertise.
2. PRODUCTIVITY: US construction labor productivity has lagged overall labor productivity. Buildings are still constructed with the same processes employed a century ago
3. COVID-19 : Due to many families shifting, demand for real estate construction is behind. The price of lumber has staged a staggering increase in recent months, rising roughly 80% since mid-April to an average price above $600 per thousand board feet. This increase will add thousands of dollars to the cost of a typical newly-built home, thereby constraining housing supply, exacerbating affordability woes and limiting housing’s economic impact. (National Association of Homebuilders
4. INNOVATION: At Santana Capital Group we believe in innovation and sustainability We pride ourselves in always thinking ahead and providing state-of-the-art solutions for the masses.
If you are interested in building your next commercial building or have questions about the technology, we are happy to have a conversation with you.
Please click below and let us know more about your needs.
Video Courtesy of COBOD